Wedding Dance Lessons
Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
If a couple is planning to get married, here are a few TIPS from the experts on learning to dance for their big day.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months earlier to allow more time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
- It’s OK if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night, so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
- Don’t try to teach your fiance. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson.
- Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes & practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
Possible First Dances
- Almost Paradise
- Crazy For Your
- Fields of Gold
- Have you Really Ever Loved a Woman
- I Swear
- Night & Day
- How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Don’t Know Much
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Here and Now
- I’ll Always love You
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- Groovy Kind of Love
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- Could I Have This Dance
- Endless Love
- Forever and Ever, Amen
- I Just Called to Stay I Love You
- In Your Eyes it Had to be You
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin Girl
- Someone to Watch Over Me
Things you may want to know for your first lesson…
- What kind of music will you have at the wedding?
- Will a band or DJ play your first song?
- Will you have Mother/Son, Father/Daughter or bridal party dances?
- Will you honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/Tropical getaway, cruise, etc.)
- What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
- How many other weddings will you attend this year?